Who we are
Our website address is: https://africantrekkerssafaris.com.
Here at African Trekkers Safaris we take personal privacy very seriously. As a general rule African Trekkers Safaris doesn’t collect your personal information unless you choose to provide us with your information.
Once you choose to provide your information and details to African Trekkers Safaris you give us the permission to use your details to offer your own services. If not then you might be limited to some features of the website.
The information always requested is used to provide services to you by the website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Tours you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you tours you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating prices and taxes
- Customer address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate what to price before you place your next trip!
When you trek with us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and tour
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our site
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our travel offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future trips.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store trip information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Travel Managers can access:
- Trip information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing address information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
African Trekkers Safaris collects and temporarily shares certain information about your visit to help us align our content & the design with your needs.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
African Trekkers Safaris secures your personal information very seriously. We take many precautions to ensure that the information we collect is secure and inaccessible by anyone outside the company or the organization of which the precautions may include advanced access control to only internal personnel who requires access to the details or information. We take different steps to protect your /customer information which include;
- Anyone with access to African Trekkers Safaris information is trained on all relevant security and compliance policies.
- Servers that store visitors information are regularly backed up to protect against loss.
- All information is secured through modern security technologies like secure socket layer(SSL), encryption firewalls and secure passwords.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If incase there is any change or African Trekkers Safaris withdraws from the business. All customers’ information can be transferred to third party whereby the third party may continue using the customer’s information.